cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Download/Publish Pro/E Models out of Windchill PDMLink 9.1/10+

BrianSullivan
9-Granite

Download/Publish Pro/E Models out of Windchill PDMLink 9.1/10+

Hello All,

I wanted to find out what solutions people have found for granting Users/Manufacturing/Etc... the Ability to Automatically Download Neutral File Formats of CAD Models.
Specifically interested in IGES for parts/assemblies... though I know pdf drawings is the normal discuusion.

Best Case:
For a 3D Part, Users would like to be able to select the Part, then Select Download and choose (Native, Iges, Step, 3d pdf) and then Windchill would download the Iges... If the Iges did not exist it would launch Pro/E and publish an Iges for the User.

For a 2d Drawing they could select download (dxf, dwg, 2d pdf, etc...) and then Windchill would download the dxf.. if the neutral dod not exist it would launch ProE and publish it.

The visualization part of Windchill and the Division Graphics Server with Intralink are both limited.. the Admin setups 2D Neutral to be plot/dxf/pdf and the 3d has to be productview...
Even then not an easy download mechanism to hard-drive.

I believe there is a PTC Partner that adds this functionality in Windchill, is anyone using the Product?

For companies using PartsLink is the Iges creation automatic or do Engineers have to make the Neutrals?

Brian Sullivan
1 REPLY 1

Brian,

We have a solution for that.

Herb Miller

TWeatherford, Inc.

3148 Beach Blvd

Cicero, IN 46034

www.tweatherford.com
clicking here

"If you continue to ignore PLM, you will learn about it from your biggest
competitor"