cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Link to CR in email Instructions

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Link to CR in email Instructions

Before I venture off on this, has anyone done this, or failed at doing it?

In lieu of customizing the email templates to get some PBO data (URL link) into the OOTB notifications I was thinking about adding a URL to the PBO in the Activity Instructions. It appears adding workflow attributes in the instructions is not supported.

Thanks,

Vaughn

1 REPLY 1

There is a pretty easy way to accomplish this with a workflow variable and a little bit of code. Try this:

1. Create a Workflow global variable of type String.

2. In an Expression Robot, call this code (this code assumes your workflow variable is called "url" and your PBO is the "obj"). I'd put this code into a Helper class and call the Helper class but you can place it directly into your Expression Robot as well, but you'll need the package prefixes of each Class used:

url = link.toString2(new NmURLFactoryBean());

3. In your User Task of the workflow, create the local variable by copying into from the global variable.

4. In the Instructions of your User Task use this notation with an HTML tag (again "url" is your workflow variable name):

Change Notice Link

Let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Top Tags