cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad15 Reference Information

ccoldham
1-Newbie

Mathcad15 Reference Information

I note that in Mathcad 15 there is Reference Information given. I'm worried that for an exam that I will forget some of the formulas such as :

cos(A+B)=cosACosB-sinAsinB - does anyone know if such formulae are buried in the depths of Mathcad anywhere ? Or does Mathcad not go that far to expand such things for us ?

thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

All things Some things are possible:

Capture.PNG

For that specific example the symbolic processor came thru.

Thank You

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ccoldham)

Christine Coldham wrote:

I note that in Mathcad 15 there is Reference Information given. I'm worried that for an exam that I will forget some of the formulas such as :

cos(A+B)=cosACosB-sinAsinB - does anyone know if such formulae are buried in the depths of Mathcad anywhere ? Or does Mathcad not go that far to expand such things for us ?

thanks,

I have a memory like a sieve with a mesh that somebody's taken a shotgun to. With formulae like this I honestly find it easier to work it using exponential notation ... Unless I have Mathcad to hand, of course. Do they let you use Mathcad in exams? If they do, why would you need to remember the formula rather than just wrote cos (A+B)?

Stuart

Hi - the whole exam is going to be in Math Cad - thanks

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ccoldham)

Christine Coldham wrote:

Hi - the whole exam is going to be in Math Cad - thanks

Wow! I wish I'd had exams where I could have used Mathcad - I might have got something right now and again ... then again, maybe not.

Out of idle curiosity, what exam is it (no problem, if you'd rather not answer)?

Of course, you're going to lose 10 marks immediately for misspelling "Mathcad".

Stuart

Top Tags