cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo TK/OTK - Resource Files Directory

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine

Creo TK/OTK - Resource Files Directory

Hi @ all,

the next question is about the resource directory of TK Apps.

So inside of TK / OTK manual I found this :

<creo_loadpoint>\Common Files\<datecode>\text\resource
<Application text dir>\resource
<Application text dir>\<language>\resource

The first and the third possible solution work like a charm. So we use the third atm. As thr third solution discribes we need the resource directory for every language we want to support. But in normal case the resources didn't change for languages. Only translation files changes. So we try to change to the second solution like:

text (blue are folders)

- toolkit.rbn file

- german

- - message files

- resource

- - all resource files

- - all images

- - german

- - - resource translation files

- usascii

- - message files

But this didn't work, he do not find the resources. But I think it should work like this (but are not sure enough to open a ticket ... so I ask here).

The good think on this solution would be that the 300 resource files don't need to be copied for all 10 languages. So we only need to deliver 300 files, not 3000.

Br,

and thanks,

see ya at PTC TC's : )

Eike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ProUITranslationFilesEnable(); enables the search through the "new" folder structure. There is afaik no command like that in OTK so you need to use the ProTK one. After that it works now like a charm : )

Thx all for help,

Br,

Eike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Eike_Hauptmann)

Hi all,

Eike, try to put your ribbon definition file into 'ribbon' subdirectory. This could force correct evaluation of other implicit search options - for common images and language related images.

Here is from user manual:

Looks like the search rule from ribbon to image file follows something like this - ribbon subdirectory - one up - image subdirectory - one down.

Based on the example you had offered your image file could not be discovered by using this hypothetical rule.

HIH.

Feliks.

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:FV)

Thanks Feliks,

I checked that yesterday but it didn't seems to work. So after I changes the directory's he didn't find the Icons for ProCmdIconSet () /or the OTK alternative SetIcon () NOR the .res files for the dialogs. I think it simply didn't work : ) I ask Bippin about that on the Planet PTC (hope he's there).

Br,

and thanks,

Eike

ProUITranslationFilesEnable(); enables the search through the "new" folder structure. There is afaik no command like that in OTK so you need to use the ProTK one. After that it works now like a charm : )

Thx all for help,

Br,

Eike

Thanks Eike Florian Petersen,

this saved my day!

Top Tags