cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Warp feature in creo

pburla
1-Newbie

Warp feature in creo

Hi Guys,

I want to bend the solid into a cylinder.So i use the warp feature in creo but I am not able to achieve the bend completely.

I am attaching the screenshots .Basically I would like the bend to be complete by ending where it started.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yep, you can

Creo 2.0 full version attached

Wrapped_metal.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried a spinal bend feature?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:pburla)

bend1.JPGbedn2.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Nice one, Matt.

What Matt is showing you is that the part if wrapped 360 degrees without overlap. The hook at the end of the OP's image requires >360 degrees of warp.

Warp can be a tough nut to crack. It is missing some important control features, and others are hidden. It is not ready to replace Spinal or Toroidal bends yet.

BTW, you can probably do this in sheetmetal as well.

Yep, you can

Creo 2.0 full version attached

Wrapped_metal.PNG

@Matt I did not really get how you managed to wrap it completely with an overlap.Can you please Elaborate a bit on how yopu managed to acheive it?

@Antonious the solution you proposed Looks promising.I just figured out how to use bend and bendback.The geometry which i posted here was a test geometry now I want to use the solution and construct my model.Hope it works.

Thank you for the help

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:pburla)

pradeep burla wrote:

@Matt I did not really get how you managed to wrap it completely with an overlap.Can you please Elaborate a bit on how yopu managed to acheive it?

On your model the little connecting bend is all on one side and 180 degrees. I have half on one side and half on the other side and at 90 degrees each so they face other when wrapped 360 degrees.

pburla
1-Newbie
(To:Inoram)

Thank You guys that solved my problem.I owe you guys a beer Cheers

Top Tags