cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is there any way to lock menu bar if I'm creating a new window just for loading a report in my book?

pzorrilla
1-Newbie

Is there any way to lock menu bar if I'm creating a new window just for loading a report in my book?

Hello gurus and amateurs

So I'm creating different plugins for the editor in order to customize the functionality for my users; currently I'm looking a way for lock the menu bar when I create a new window, the option for create my customized window is inside a menu I created in the menu bar of Arbortext Editor, however if the window was created and someone clicks again the option, a new window will be created, so they are duplicated, I don't want to create a complete validation for this case since the window all it does is to load a report inside the document opened in editor, so I though in the option of locking the menu bar. Does anybody can help me with this?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.

Paulette AZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:pzorrilla)

Hi Paulette,

I confess I don't 100% understand your situation. Maybe this will help, though. Do you give your new window a title? I usually do. Then, any time I'm opening a new window, I test open windows to see what is already open.

window_list(winarr, "help");

For example creates an array (winarr[]) of Help Windows that are currently open, that I can loop through and check for titles I recognize.

window_title_to_test = window_get(winarr[$i], "title");

If $window_title_to_test matches a particular type of window I have opened, I can decide whether or not to open the new window, close the old one, or ignore it.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:pzorrilla)

Hi Paulette,

I confess I don't 100% understand your situation. Maybe this will help, though. Do you give your new window a title? I usually do. Then, any time I'm opening a new window, I test open windows to see what is already open.

window_list(winarr, "help");

For example creates an array (winarr[]) of Help Windows that are currently open, that I can loop through and check for titles I recognize.

window_title_to_test = window_get(winarr[$i], "title");

If $window_title_to_test matches a particular type of window I have opened, I can decide whether or not to open the new window, close the old one, or ignore it.

Hope that helps.

Paul

I didn't know about the window_list() function. It works as you described, and it help me with another feature I have indeed.

Thank you so much.

Paulette

Top Tags