cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Just Resurected my old seat of Wildfire (circa 2003)

bmarchand-2
1-Newbie

Just Resurected my old seat of Wildfire (circa 2003)

Transferred my license and installed OK, but when I start it up, it crashes within 10 seconds.

I have tried all the graphics switches in the config.pro.

I am running win7 64 bit.

In the .err file I am getting the "Raising Signal : Signal Number" 11 message.

Anyone have any other ideas for me to try.

Thanks Brian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Even Wildfire 3.0 did not support Windows 7 yet. It may be the OS.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:mganzer)

What version of Wildfire are you trying to run? I think I recall that for WF3 on Windows 7 64, you had to install the 32 bit version. WF4 should run fine.

Search here, there were discussion on the old exploder on getting WF3 running on Windows 7, they ought to be here now with the import.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Its the first release after pre-production (2002480) I believe

It is the 32 bit version if I'm not mistaken, but it is on win7, I tried with XP compatibility on but it crashed as well

I will search and see what it says

Thanks,

I just figured out that you're talking about WF1. They haven't used those dated build codes since WF2 was released in November of 2003. Your build dates from 2002.

I'm guessing that you will have a tough time getting it to run on Windows 7 since it was still 5 years away when WF1 was new. Any chance of setting your machine up with Windows XP, maybe a dual boot?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks, It sounds like this might be the only way!

Brian

Set up using win xp pro, but messed up my win 7, could not get it to boot, so I have xp installed and am now going to try and put win 7 back on---any tips to get the dual boot working

Thanks

Brian

Top Tags