cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Why "Analyses and Design Studies" window status and "Run Status" summary do not agree

tleati
10-Marble

Why "Analyses and Design Studies" window status and "Run Status" summary do not agree

Hallo,

it happened to me that, while I was running a FEM structural analysis, suddenly the run status became "failed" on the Analyses and Design Studies window (on the left in the screenshot), while if I open the Run Status window (on the right in the screenshot) it is still going on??

1.png

I point out that while the analysis was running I made a (small) modification to a part involved in the analysis: but this should not interfere as the study, once started, goes to the end without any problem.

what may it be due to?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:tleati)

Hello,

I have already met several times this problem.

Normally if there is no error message and stop the simulation, the calculation is completed successfully.

Now why this symbol actually activates if the calculation is correct.

Sincerely.

Denis.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I have also had this happen yet was able to view the results afterwards. Not sure why but at the time I ignored it.

tleati
10-Marble

Thanks for the replies. Update: the analysis completed successfully, and now the message in the Analyses and Design Studies window is "completed", with the green thick.

Strange anyway. And dangerous too, because one thinks the analysis has gone bad and so stops it, while instead it's still running...

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Hello,

This has been my first reaction as to control the gold coin of the appearance of the red circle.

But at that time there was the message "Would you stop the calculation," which allowed me to understand that red Celce had no reason to be.

As long as there are no error messages in the "Run Status" is that the ongoing program to calculate.

Sincerely.

Denis.

strange...I never saw the message "Would you stop the calculation," and maybe It happened to me to stop an ongoing simulation...

what version of simulate do you have?

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

In the "Analysis and Design" click the red flag during the calculation of program executes, you aleez view the message.

I have encountered this situation for some time and on previous vesions now on creo 3.0 M030.

Ah ok, yes I knew the red flag button, didn't remember the message it indeed shows.

thanks

bye

Top Tags