cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Linking Creo Parametrics to SimMechanics

jbach
1-Newbie

Linking Creo Parametrics to SimMechanics

I just tried to use 'SimMechanic Link' with creo parametric 3.0 StudentEdition. After adding the configuration to creo the following error occurs:

Creo Toolkit application 'Sim Mechanics Link', from registry file '..\creo2matlab.data', predates Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire v4.0 but was not marked as using legacy encoding.

Any help would be appreciated. Best regards,

Johannes

I opened a simillar question at Mathworks Q&A:

SimMechanics Link not marked as Legacy - MATLAB Answers - MATLAB Central

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbach
1-Newbie
(To:jbach)

I found an answer:

To solve the problem, add the following line to your registration file, eg creo2matlab.data

name SimMechanics Link

startup dll

exec_flie matlabroot\bin\os\cl_proe2sm.dll

text_dir matlabroot\toolbox\physmod\smlink\cad_systems\proe\text

unicode_encoding false

end

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Johannes,

I guess that application 'Sim Mechanics Link' was compiled using ProE WF4 Toolkit libraries and therefore it does not work with Creo 3.0. Toolkit environment is changing continuously and applications must be recompiled using newer versions.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Johannes,

according to Install and Register SimMechanics Link Software - MATLAB & Simulink, SimMechanics Link Software is compatible with PTC Creo. I think I cannot test SimMechanics Link Software installation because I do not have MATLAB installed on my PC.

I suggest you to check information mentioned in Installation Requirements section, carefully.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

thanks a lot for your help! I did check the installation requirements again, but unfortunately could not improve. I'm using 64-bit versions for all tools. My hope is, that any answer from Mathwork is going to help. Again thank you for your advice.

Johannes

jbach
1-Newbie

I found an answer:

To solve the problem, add the following line to your registration file, eg creo2matlab.data

name SimMechanics Link

startup dll

exec_flie matlabroot\bin\os\cl_proe2sm.dll

text_dir matlabroot\toolbox\physmod\smlink\cad_systems\proe\text

unicode_encoding false

end

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those that search and find this thread.

Top Tags