cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Shrunken views

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Shrunken views

Moved from Visualization for more views and hopefully an answer.

When generating a PDF for CreoView, we sometimes get one or two views that have the shaded geometry shrunk to the corner of the view. The bubbles and ndimensions and such are all in their proper location. When opened in Creo2, the view looks normal. We have even done a PDF export from Creo and it comes out properly. Only when run through the publishing machine do we get the view messed up. We have seen this on a couple of drawings but they are the exception.

1) Does anyone know of any tricks to play that will change the way it is being published?

2) I tried to do a proebatch and publish the file, but it came out with the view bad. I then tried to package a good pdf with the .pvz file in a zip, but I could not get this to upload into PDMLink as the primary content. This method has worked in the past for Word documents.

We are using Creo 2.0 m100 on both our workstations and the publishing engine. I do have m120 and m150 that could be loaded on the publishing machine if that solves this issue.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Ben..

I haven't seen this on any of our published drawings. I think trying M120 or M150 is a good course or action. You might also consider bumping all the way up to Creo 3.0 M030 on your publisher with an updated set of Creo View Adapters to match. If the problem still exists on the latest/greatest set of tools, you definitely have a problem PTC needs to investigate further.

We don't tend to use many shaded views on drawings so perhaps that's why we haven't seen this issue.

Also, just for reference, which version of Windchill are you running?

Thanks!
-Brian

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BrianMartin)

We are at 10.0 m040, so that limits me to Creo2.

We have seen this before on one other drawing, also with shaded views.

We did open a call with PTC, but since I am restricted from sharing files with them, it was closed with no resloution.

We are in the middle of a move to another building, but I may try the m120 and/or the m150 builds only on the publishing machine.

Top Tags