cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Why does part model accuracy change to default

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Why does part model accuracy change to default

My part template accuracy is .0005 and my config.pro accuracy is set to .0005.  Why is it when I do a File/Save As the new part reverts to the original .0012 model accuracy.

I would rather not trace down the accuracy of every single model file when it appears they should know the proper accuracy to be set to.

Is this a bug, or is there a setting that I missed?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pimm)

Is the part your saving from have the accuracy set to .0012? That's what it sounds like. Doing a save as won't change the accuracy no matter what other settings you have. That would cause unwanted failures if you think about it.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

Unfortunately all 3 of our engineering group have experienced this issue.  For some reason we most indeed are seeing the accuracy change to the Creo Default when we do a File/Save As.  Yes we are certainly seeing the unwanted failures to the feature tree as a result of the unwanted accuracy change.

As far as we know, we've changed the only settings that could effect the accuracy within the template model and the config file.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just to be sure, I tested it on Creo 2, M120, I don't have a default absolute accuracy set in my config.pro.

I created a part, it had an absolute accuracy (from my start part). I changed that accuracy to relative and different value. I did a save as and it kept my accuracy as relative and the changed value.

Maybe it's your config.pro settings. Try removing the accuracy settings from your config and test again.

I don't know anything about Creo 3 settings if that is what you are using.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello,

do you have same problem when you create new model?

My idea was, you choose bad template. But it looks irrelevant for SAVE/AS operation.

Have you change some config or template file location at last time?

Just ideas...

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:mbonka)

Milan:  No I do not have this issue when I create a new model, it is only when we do the File/Save As.

Stephen:  At the very beginning we had things set to the default value, which we had no issues with but we've had the value set at .0005 for quite some time now.

I'll show you the places I've set the accuracy.  I just don't see how this gets messed up.

Below you see highlighted the default absolute accuracy.

Default abs accuracy.JPG

Below you see the absolute accuracy of the default template model.

From Default Template.JPG

This would seem to be enough to keep the accuracy maintained at .0005 for all model files, but knowing Creo I've probably neglected to put this value in the place that actually keeps it from changing.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Config options related to model accuracy:

accuracy_lower_bound --- Enter an accuracy value to override the default lower limit. The minimum value for relative accuracy is 1E-06.

default_abs_accuracy --- Defines the default absolute part accuracy.

enable_absolute_accuracy --- Controls display of the ACCURACY menu. Yes - ACCURACY menu always appears when you choose Accuracy from the PART SETUP menu. No - The menu appears only if the part is currently defined with absolute accuracy.

Did you change accuracy from relative to absolute?

Following link, can be useful for you:

Your model accuracy?

l have no other ideas...

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:mbonka)

Milan:  The link you attached was helpful towards understanding accuracy better.

I did change my accuracy from relative to absolute.

One other thing to note is that at this point it appears that the changed accuracy appears randomly with the File/Save As.  My co-worker was almost finished with his Saved As model when he looked at the accuracy and saw that it reverted to the default .0012.  This caused many feature failures when he set it back to .0005.  The strange thing is that the original model had no struggle with the .0005 accuracy.  It seems that this issue appears only when you don't expect it.  I 1st noticed this when bringing parts into Pro Mold and got an accuracy warning.

Is it possible you have a copy of your template file(s) somewhere, so that when Creo needs a template, it might find an uncontrolled copy first (from current assembly folder, working directory, etc.)?

This happens sometimes; ... searching for a duplicate might be healthy.

Another thing to watch for - we believe in Absolute Accuracy also, but if a user changes the units of a part, and chooses to not convert values, then the Absolute Accuracy value will be off by a multiple of the conversion factor for length units.  (At least we haven't seen this fixed yet.)

Regards,

Terry Partridge

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:tpartridge)

Terry; That would be great if the issue would be that simple.  I don't believe this is the case as all 3 of our working group have this issue.  If there was a way to cross check this, it might be useful the next time this issue hits us.

We have been using inches as units all the time even though many of our imported models are in metric.

Top Tags