cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Adding text to Longtext

akuruvila
1-Newbie

Adding text to Longtext

Hi Team,

When editing an Issue manually, the existing contents in the field (its a longtext with logging disabled) will be visible in Edit mode.

But when using CLI command, i'm getting only the option to overwrite existing value.

Is there an option to add content to field ?

*I tried storing the current value to a temp variable, add my new contant to the temp and use that variable to edit field - but this is not working in batch script when field length is big.

Regards,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:akuruvila)

Hello Arun,

This functionality does not exist from the CLI for text fields.  The easiest course you have is to first extract the content of the field(s) you will edit, then use that content in your edit.  If I was going to do this sort of thing often, I would write a batch or shell script (depending on your OS) to expedite this.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:akuruvila)

Hello Arun,

This functionality does not exist from the CLI for text fields.  The easiest course you have is to first extract the content of the field(s) you will edit, then use that content in your edit.  If I was going to do this sort of thing often, I would write a batch or shell script (depending on your OS) to expedite this.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks for the reply Kael.

I'm able to do this using batch file (using temp variable).

Regards,

Arun

Top Tags