cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Referenced Mathcad 15 sheet won't 'import' array

fward
5-Regular Member

Referenced Mathcad 15 sheet won't 'import' array

Hi, Can anyone out there help?  I have a fairly basic calculation sheet, in which I want to use results from another worksheet.  I have done the insert reference, saved, saved again, hit F9, hit it again, opened, closed, re-opened, re-closed etc, but simply cannot get the recipient worksheet to find the array results that are generated in the referenced sheet.  It will happily find 'simpler' results (single numbers, single column arrays), but will not find the larger 2 dimension arrays.  The arrays I admit are large, 130 x 500, but that is what we use expensive software for isn't it?

4 REPLIES 4
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:fward)

Frank Ward wrote:

Hi, Can anyone out there help?  I have a fairly basic calculation sheet, in which I want to use results from another worksheet.  I have done the insert reference, saved, saved again, hit F9, hit it again, opened, closed, re-opened, re-closed etc, but simply cannot get the recipient worksheet to find the array results that are generated in the referenced sheet.  It will happily find 'simpler' results (single numbers, single column arrays), but will not find the larger 2 dimension arrays.

What results do you get? Or error messages, if any?

Any chance you could post the offending worksheets (or cut-down versions thereof)?  ....

The arrays I admit are large, 130 x 500, but that is what we use expensive software for isn't it?

A mere 65000 elements?  Molest Mathcad not with this mere pocket-calculator stuff.

The attached worksheets (A Referer / Reference pair) show that Mathcad 15 will pick up a reference to a 1 000 000 element array without problem.

Stuart

fward
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for replying.

The error is that the array (on of a few) in the referenced worksheet, when used in calculations in the referencing worksheet, reports as variable not defined.  Or, if I simply want to display it on screen, eg pvf_sl=, just goes to pvf_sl=:, ie tries to define the variable.

I have worked out that the problem is somehow with the referenced sheet, by creating a new, blank referencing sheet, inserting the reference and trying to access the arrays.  The same result occurs.

The offending sheet is attached.  Arrays I am interested in getting out are pvl_sl, pvf_sl, Pvf_sq etc

Regards

Frank

fward
5-Regular Member

I think I have found the problem.  Mathcad is vindicated,  I had missed adding the array subscript in some calculations at the top of the sheet.  Added those, and it seems to work

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Frank Ward wrote:

I think I have found the problem.  Mathcad is vindicated,  I had missed adding the array subscript in some calculations at the top of the sheet.  Added those, and it seems to work

OK. 

I noticed one thing that you might like to change.  The expression defining Yjv negates the matrix z before extracting the element m,di.

This was taking rather a long time to run on my PC, so I changed it to extract the element first.  This sped things up considerably.

I'm not sure why it lets Mathcad off the hook, though, as I the matrices have values at the end of the worksheet and the calling worksheet should have picked those up.  My calling worksheet displayed ΔPsq without any problem.

Stuart

Top Tags