cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to make representation of interrupted views of cable in drawing?

zhenqiang
4-Participant

How to make representation of interrupted views of cable in drawing?

Hi,I need to represent a cable in a drawing but with no need to draw the whole length,

so I want to interrupt the cable with zigzag lines,

but,how to operate this in creo?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jstone
4-Participant
(To:zhenqiang)

In drawing go to the view, properties, visible area, Broken View in the pull down.

jef

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jstone
4-Participant

There are two methods: Extend across sheet and highway.

To extend across sheet route a fiber from a component/connector port and stop at a point, right click and terminate.  Select Extend Across Sheet command from the Modify menu, pick the end of the wire, select which sheet to extend to, left mouse to start a new fiber, and continue to destination.  You can set this up with a cross sheet graphic at the ends of the wire to show wire information

You can create a highway that wires can attach at a point and then exit at a point simplifying the route across a single sheet.

Thanks,

jef

zhenqiang
4-Participant
(To:jstone)

Thanks,Jeff.

Actually,I operate this in creo parametric,in a 2D engineering drawing.

jstone
4-Participant

In drawing go to the view, properties, visible area, Broken View in the pull down.

jef

Top Tags