cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Config Option Setting file location for Prodetail.dtl

amorales
1-Newbie

Config Option Setting file location for Prodetail.dtl

Hi Creo Admin Community,

I have been setting up my companies Config.pro and .sup options.  The question specifically I have is the drawing_setup_file option which sets the location of the prodetail.dtl file for drawings.

When starting a new drawing it doesn't seem to follow the path I set with the company set options (example of what I have in config.pro drawing_setup_file C:\Home\creo\Configuration\prodetail.dtl).  I even put the file in the <creo3.0_loadpoint>\text\prodetail.dtl and the options are still not how I set it.

Only when I point to the prodetail.dtl by way of File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options (change) does my options are set for my session.  And of course closing and opening Creo 3 my prodetail.dtl options are back to OOTB

1) How to set the prodetail.dtl location so that it has my option setting without going thru the detail options change?

2) Where is the standard drawing options set if not in the <creo3.0_loadpoint>\text\prodetail.dtl.  It seems to be pulling somewhere else for active drawing mode.

Thank you.

Anthony

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Another thing to note, if you are using drawing templates, none of those settings apply.

A drawing template is treated the same as an actual drawing file by Creo.  For existing drawings (and templates), dtl settings are applied and saved within the drawing file and the dtl file is not re-applied whenever it is opened.  You'll need to re-apply your dtl settings to the templates when ever you make a change.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I have these three setting in my config.pro

pro_dtl_setup_dir <file path>

drawing_setup_file <file path>\inch_asme.dtl

format_setup_file <file path>\inch_asme.dtl

...and of course, make sure your files are there.

Ron

Thank you very much with the information I should have looked a little more closely to the Config options. 

Another thing to note, if you are using drawing templates, none of those settings apply.

A drawing template is treated the same as an actual drawing file by Creo.  For existing drawings (and templates), dtl settings are applied and saved within the drawing file and the dtl file is not re-applied whenever it is opened.  You'll need to re-apply your dtl settings to the templates when ever you make a change.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thank you Doug.  Much appreciated

Top Tags