cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

export build of materials of an assembly in CreoView

anicot
3-Visitor

export build of materials of an assembly in CreoView

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to export or to print only the structure of an assembly ? Not the model.

In attachment there is a screen capture of what I need to export.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can export a TXT file of the model tree. Set the filters (tools/tree filters) in the tree to show what you want so if you just want parts and assemblies uncheck features and other things you do no to want to show. Expand the assemblies you want to show the parts within. In Model Tree Tools drop down "Save Model Tree" and it will give you a default name of "treetool.txt". Change the name as you would like. This will save a TEXT file in you working directory. This will be a list of the model tree indented, but no icons on the left that indicates a part or assembly or feature, etc. You can then open the file in WordPad, Notepad, Excel and other programs.

Thank you for reply.

But are you talking about Creo View or Pro/engineer ?

If you are talking about Creo View which version do you use ? Lite version, standard version, MCAD version ?

llie
16-Pearl
(To:anicot)

This is totally possible in Creo View. With the assembly open, select Tools tab, Bill of Materials, Generate BOM, Export icon.

The output file can be a .csv or html

anicot
3-Visitor
(To:llie)

Ok, I confirm I'm able to do it with Standard or Mcad version. I'm disappointed because it's not possible with Lite version. export bill of materials is hidden.

Thank you all.

Top Tags