cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Object Toolkit Java functionality?

Yaroslav
1-Newbie

Object Toolkit Java functionality?

Hello!

Does anybody has experience with OTK Java?

How it compare with Pro/Toolkit? OTK Java have all the features of the Pro/Toolkit or OTK java is restricted like J-link?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OTK Java has all commands from Object Toolkit. But it is licensed with a seperate license.

So you can use:

J-Link (free)

OTK Java (develeoper license + user license per seat)

TK (TK license)

OTK (TK license)

Web-Link (free, not securly useable at Creo 3.0 atm)

Visual Basic (free)

OTK Java will support all OTK API calls and is as mighty as OTK. So atm it's ok, but it would get better with the next releases of Creo. And afaik at Creo 6.0 it would be have all TK calls inside and also many new things that you can use that's not possible at the moment in TK nor OTK.

Br,

Eike

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

OTK Java has all commands from Object Toolkit. But it is licensed with a seperate license.

So you can use:

J-Link (free)

OTK Java (develeoper license + user license per seat)

TK (TK license)

OTK (TK license)

Web-Link (free, not securly useable at Creo 3.0 atm)

Visual Basic (free)

OTK Java will support all OTK API calls and is as mighty as OTK. So atm it's ok, but it would get better with the next releases of Creo. And afaik at Creo 6.0 it would be have all TK calls inside and also many new things that you can use that's not possible at the moment in TK nor OTK.

Br,

Eike

Hello, Eike!

Thank you for your reply.

are you sure that you need a user licence per seat for end user of the toolkit app?

i've listened to a podcast that mentioned that you only need the dev lic (for creo java toolkit 3.0)

Creo Object Toolkit Java - YouTube

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:rmcboaty)

Does java object toolkit requires a license. Any user of crap can use it?
awei
3-Visitor
(To:rmcboaty)

Concurring that I've heard that OTK Java requires not just the dev license, but a user license for each person running an OTK Java app. Contact your PTC representative to confirm though.

TP_8433303
4-Participant
(To:awei)

i have already ask PTC, the answer is that OTK Java requires not just the dev license, but a user license for each person running an OTK Java app

who can accept the user license? unbelievable, tell a joke, everybody eat food, so everybody should pay money for the seeds company, not only just pay the food money. So PTC is a very Great company. they do the brave idea. i still don't understand ! maybe Big great company should have imparity clause. if not,

who know they are a big Great company?😀😀😀

joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:Yaroslav)

Thanks Eike..

But what do you mean with weblink not securely useable at Creo 3.0 atm? what atm means?

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:joe_c)

ATM = at the moment

TP_8433303
4-Participant
(To:Yaroslav)

i have already ask PTC, the answer is that OTK Java requires not just the dev license, but a user license for each person running an OTK Java app

who can accept the user license? unbelievable, tell a joke, everybody eat food, so everybody should pay money for the seeds company, not only just pay the food money. So PTC is a very Great company. they do the brave idea. i still don't understand ! maybe Big great company should have imparity clause. if not,

who know they are a big Great company?

TP_8433303_0-1689756236643.png

TP_8433303_1-1689756236644.png

TP_8433303_2-1689756236645.png

Top Tags