cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo is incorrectly tracking tip

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

Creo is incorrectly tracking tip

Hi all

I have had a situation which is outside my normal turning duties, which I had to us a 16mm neutral triangle insert to machine a groove, we are machining without cutter comp, so the correct setup output point should be tip, but when I run the program in Vericut, the result is under cutting the groove, see below

t5-tip--undercut.JPG

now to get this to work properly in vericut, I had to alter the tools tracking point  to represent an X_OFFSET arrangement, see below.

t5-tip- x offset.JPG

This worked with the tool path generated by Creo.

I now set the TIP OUTPUT to X_offset , and reset the vericut tool to a neutral tip, and it works properly ??????

So Creo is treating the tip output as follows

TIP = X_OFFSET

X_OFFSET = TIP

This is a major bug for an engineering software to have. Has anyone else found this out.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Here is a better overview of the issue

CREO TIP BUG.JPG

Tip tracking is wrong

Could this be somehow related to tool orientation?

Top Tags