cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Carbon Fiber part mold creation?

tbeck
1-Newbie

Carbon Fiber part mold creation?

Which Creo extension would be best suited to assist in the making of carbon fiber part mold creation? Tool design option or Expert moldbase extension? Mostly I am concerned with creating flanges.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will need the Mold Design floating license to do all your mold splits and components. Example "core", and "cavities". The EMX will be where you can bring in the mold sets and hardware. We have both licenses and here and when we are doing the split and original layout of the mold we will use the Mold Design license and then release that license for other workers to use and I don't use the EMX but my coworker uses it for the mold set and hardware. I use traditional assembly and if need for ejector and waterlines I will check out the Mold Design and add them and then back to just assembly. You can use the Mold Design or the EMX to bring in ejector pins and hardware like that. But the way each does clearance cuts is a little different in each license.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
James62
10-Marble
(To:tbeck)

TDO is the base molding package, EMX goes on top of that. So, I don't think you can have EMX without TDO.

You will need the Mold Design floating license to do all your mold splits and components. Example "core", and "cavities". The EMX will be where you can bring in the mold sets and hardware. We have both licenses and here and when we are doing the split and original layout of the mold we will use the Mold Design license and then release that license for other workers to use and I don't use the EMX but my coworker uses it for the mold set and hardware. I use traditional assembly and if need for ejector and waterlines I will check out the Mold Design and add them and then back to just assembly. You can use the Mold Design or the EMX to bring in ejector pins and hardware like that. But the way each does clearance cuts is a little different in each license.

Top Tags