cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Determine whether the specified component is substituted

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Determine whether the specified component is substituted

Hello,

I would like to know how one can substitute particular component in assembly?

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right mouse button on that component in the model tree > Replace.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Right mouse button on that component in the model tree > Replace.

Thanks...

One more query...If I replace some part in Model tree; Would I be able to know whether part in tree has replaced which part?

Regards

Ketan

No, not that I am aware of. I would suggest you write it down of name your parts accordingly to know like part xyz02.prt was replaced by part xyz01.prt.

So, if I get model from someone else, I just need to rely on data provided by her? I wouldn't be able to find out in assembly file?  To compare both the assembly is the only way??

You can use "Tools -> Investigate -> View Changes" and/or "Tools -> Investigate -> File History" to find out a lot of things. Not that it will be easier to do than looking at the assemblies side by side. I don't know what level of detail it provides, but you can try it.

Not in the model tree.

If you use it, Windchill PDMLink has a compare tool that will show you the differences between the assemblies.

Top Tags