cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

moving text on Geo tol annotation element

jkordas
1-Newbie

moving text on Geo tol annotation element

I placed a Geo Tol on my assembly and I can move the whole note to other locations while the arrow stays, as it should. My problem is I can't move the text to the other side of the leader. I am used to selecting a grab point to move it, but the GEO TOL doesn't give me the option. I know I can create it as a note, but company policy won't allow it. Any ideas on how to move it?

leader.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jkordas)

Is this like the dimensions now that you have to hold down shift to move the leader side?

I was hoping it would be that easy, but sadly no.

In Creo 2.0 (m130), for GTOLs places as notes, I get a drag handle about 2/3rds of the way down the symbol from the left (roughly where your letter A is located) that will let me slide the note left of right (in both Layout and Annotate tab).  These are items created in the model and shown on the drawing.

Tried your suggestion, Larry, Still no drag handle... I'm attempting to move it in the model, no drawing.

rcook
6-Contributor
(To:jkordas)

Go to the Properties of the GTOL and redo the placement. It looks like you are placing "With Leader". If I place using "On Entity", then I get a direction option - flip it to the way you want. If I place using "On Surface", then it seems to flip by itself to the correct orientation...

jkordas
1-Newbie
(To:rcook)

ON ENTITY isn't listed as an option in the Gtol. The only options i get are DIM...WITH LEADER...NORMAL LEADER...OTHER GTOL

ON ENTITY is an option that you get for placing a leader.  If you select WITH LEADER or NORMAL LEADER, you should then see the option in the menu manager that appears.

Top Tags