cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

In PDMLink 10, how can I get a BOM which includes the drawings?

ebeattie
4-Participant

In PDMLink 10, how can I get a BOM which includes the drawings?

We have a need to create a view and export it of a BOM which includes the drawings for the components. It was possible in PDMLInk 9.1 but we are now on 10.0 and soon going to 10.2. It appears that this in not possible now in the Structure tab.

Has this been lost, or moved, or is it a customization that needs to be done. Maybe it is a setting. I am lost and would like to see if anyone else has done this?

4 REPLIES 4

Earl,

in the Structure tab, select Show/Hide (under the section Viewing) and then select CAD Documents.

Now you can export your BOM from Report section, in the format needed.

Marco
ebeattie
4-Participant
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hi Marco,

You are correct for using WTParts. At this point, we do not have WTParts in our production system. We plan to turn it on with 10.2.

Do you know if there is a way to do the same thing with the CAD Structure? When I open the Show/Hide window, the only option is Related Parts.

In this case you have only to select Export from Report section.

Marco
ebeattie
4-Participant
(To:ebeattie)

It appears that the only way to get a multi-level BOM which includes the associated drawings in by using the WTPart of the assembly. It is not possible now to do this using the EPMDocument of the assembly. I will look for an alternate method. Thanks all.

Top Tags