cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to evaluate customized solution automatically

tmori
1-Newbie

How to evaluate customized solution automatically

Now I have developed solutions.

But when we update the Integrity for majar version-up or hot-fix, It takes much effort to evaluate manually.

Is it possible to execute automation testing of GUI ?

I expect to use the tool of automation tools like Unified Functional Testing , HP.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Volker,

Thank you for your comment.

We usually use the API .

Recentry we found GUI test tool , "Sikuli". Sikuli Script - Home

We try to use it.

Takahiko Mori

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Takahiro.

thanks a lot for your question. I am sure that there are funtional testing products on the market doing the requested tests in GUI.

We from consulting usually use the API to test and approve certain processes within Integrity. This works very well, and is very stable. You can perform functional tests and also performance tests if you like.

Recently I developed a solution on top of the API, to allow us executing test cases for Integrity for exactly your business case.  The solution is called "Setup Testing Framework" for Integrity, and is based on a public available functional testing framework. It has been developed for Integrity 10.3, is now upgraded to 10.6.

I have different material which migth be better to share with you, allowing you to get a good overview what the solution can do exactly.

From my point of view it matches exactly to what you expect.

Just let me know if you are interested.

Volker

Hello Volker,

Thank you for your comment.

We usually use the API .

Recentry we found GUI test tool , "Sikuli". Sikuli Script - Home

We try to use it.

Takahiko Mori

Hello Takahiro.

i would be very interested in your feedback about Sikuli.

Does it work? Can Integrity be controlled? Do you test the client only or also the Integrity web pages?

Do you plan to perform just user entry tests or also performance tests?

Best Regards

Volker

Hello Volker

It works well.

I crate a sample login procedure using capture the screen of bottons and fileds.

I test  clinet only.

My concern is to perform user entry tests.

I think Performance test is to be perform better by CLI script.

Once you need to crate a script to configure script and  figures by hands , it is executable automatically.

Takahiko

Top Tags