cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pre Set parts so they dont show on BOM when generated.

rmuller
6-Contributor

Pre Set parts so they dont show on BOM when generated.

Hi Guys,

is there a way you can set part during modelling or when assembling so it doesn't show on BOM when generated in drawing? I mean I have plenty of parts which are not good in BOM and I have to filter them out one by one. For example air cylinder is made of mounting bracket, main body and slider. On BOM I only need assembly name and bracket. I would like to be able to preselect parts which I don't want to appear on BOM before I generate BOM table.

Hopefully you can get what I am trying to explain here.

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rmuller)

It is a repeat region filter, and I had the syntax wrong.  It should be &ASM.MBR.STOCKLIST != NO

Sample drawing and assembly with two drawings is attached. (Creo 3)  Open prt0002 and change the STOCKLIST parameter from 'NO' to 'YES' to see it reappear on the BOM.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

One approach is to add a parameter to your models and then filter on that parameter in the BOM.  In the past we used a "STOCKLIST" (yes/no) parameter.  In the repeat region we had a filter that said &asm.mbr.STOCKLIST <> NO.  (This way you don't exclude things that are missing this parameter.)  If you add this to your start parts, you can even preset the value.  (Assemblies == NO and Parts == Yes)

rmuller
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Tom, thank you for your help.

I am not sure of one thing. I can add YES/NO parameter to my start part. I have a BOM table which has Index, Part Number, Description, Qty and Vendor in it. Should I add this &asm.mbr.STOCKLIST <> NO as another column? Or is it filter rule I need to add? I tried and to add it exactly as written and it gives me some error.

Do you know off some other solutions to this? I like the parameter way anyway.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It is a repeat region filter, and I had the syntax wrong.  It should be &ASM.MBR.STOCKLIST != NO

Sample drawing and assembly with two drawings is attached. (Creo 3)  Open prt0002 and change the STOCKLIST parameter from 'NO' to 'YES' to see it reappear on the BOM.

rmuller
6-Contributor

Tom, this works great. Thanks for this.
I hope I can save the filter inside the BOM table file as I am sure to forget that syntax..

dcox-2
1-Newbie

This is a nice solution, I have wondered in the past how to do this. Thanks for posting.

Top Tags