cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PTC Windchill Creo part Check-in issue

JosephKnepp
3-Visitor

PTC Windchill Creo part Check-in issue

I am attempting to check in parts in Windchill, that were made in creo and uploaded to the windchill server.  The saving and uploading works fine, and the parts will appear in the windchill workspace.  However, once there, I cannot get them checked in.  All recent attempts have resulted in a failed check-in, along with a response that reads "Operation failed because the user did not have the necessary permission on the following objects to perform the operation: CAD Part  - prt001.prt, 1.1" and

"Operation failed because the user did not have the necessary permission on the following objects to perform the operation: Shared Cabinet - Default"

As far as I know, I have been given all admin rights needed to check in creo parts.  Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JosephKnepp)

Check the location of where in Windchill you are checking the file into? If the default is a top level folder, you may not have permission, even as admin, to create files there.

Check to see if prt001.prt does not already exist in Windchill. That is a dumb default file name and they should never be used for real work.

It is the only prt001 in the system right now.  I know that's a dumb name, I was just using it as a test part.  But I've been getting similar results with other properly named parts as well.

The file where it is being checked in is not a top level folder, it is a subfolder of a product group.  Don't know if this makes a difference, I'm still very new to this software.

Thanks

Top Tags