cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Angular units and Computed Measures

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Angular units and Computed Measures

I'd always been under the impression that Pro/E used degrees as the angular unit throughout - it certainly seems to hold true in Relations.

However, I've just discovered that if you create a Computed Measure in Mechanica which is simply "sin(30)", the result is 0.988 - which is correct for sin(30 rad) but not for sin(30°)!

Is there a setting for this somewhere?  Are Computed Measures just different from Relations?  I am using a less-familiar config at the moment - should I be looking for something in there?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello Jonathan,

there have been some changes with the units assumed, when they are not specified.

This led to some issues in Creo Parametric, with models from older versions, see for example CS150760 and CS187751

I can't say for sure, whether this is related to your issue, but there is a good chance it is.

Gunter

Top Tags