cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 2.0 .dmt and .map files

npeters
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 .dmt and .map files

I am having an issue with creo not bringing in my dmt file, I have the pro_colormap located and it will bring in a map file but will not load the dmt file without me manually loading it? Has anyone else had this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
17 REPLIES 17
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:npeters)

Is your dmt file called appearance.dmt? I think it doesn't work unless it is called appearance.dmt

Works: appearance.dmt

Doesn't work: mycolors.dmt

npeters
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

I will try this and see what happens!

Not knowing how you have your config option set, I suspect you stop at the folder.

You need to specify it completely.

I do the following and it works.  As you can see, it is on a server and it has been renamed from the default

global_appearance_file T:\lib\graphic-library\appearances\bad1-appear.dmt

Good luck

ron

Ron,

I have the dmt file saved on my C:\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M110\text\Basic_Colors.dmt

it is odd to me that I can point to a color map and it loads just fine, But for whatever reason it does not like the dmt file selections.

I tried what you had said above but to no avail.....

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Have you tried someone else's?

Basic Creo Parametric Color Map

npeters
1-Newbie

I have, I actually pulled that exact one from the ptc forum earlier this morning.

Is that the path you used in your config file?

should be:

c:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\text\Basic_Colors.dmt

Ron

Ron,

what I showed in the previous message was from my config file yes,

it seems for whatever reason creo does not like auto loading of the dmt files? I cannot understand it, Is it like chris said above the name of the file or the way it is saved?

Unless you created a new folder path, the default path to install Creo is as I denoted.

You may want to re-visit your path as I know Creo does not allow (me, perhaps) to install in any other directory but as stated.

Ron

that was how our it department installed it? could this be one of my issues with the configs? I noticed my config file is almost duplication itself for whatever reason, I went from having a config file of 55kb to one that is nearly 5000kb

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Try moving the *.dmt file to a folder with no spaces in it.

Should not be an issue, but sometimes it catches the software out.

tried your suggestion still not working... I am at a total loss I can manually load it no problem, but it will not load when placed in directory on config file.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Creo can be installed in any folder you want at setup. That will not effect anything. Did you try someone else's dmt?

Also your reference above about duplicating the config.pro ... is it possible you have multiple lines for the same config option? Creo lets you do this and it loads the last one in the file. So if you have it set at line #3, but then at line #100 its set to a different path, it takes the line #100 one.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Are you loading in multiple config files? Check your current session and see what the path is set there.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Saving config.pro is a problem in Creo2, I think since fixed, in that it will append all the statements in session to the file everytime you save it.

1) Make the system wide config,pro in <loadpoint>/text a read-only file. This will eliminate appending to it.

2) Use a private config.pro in your own start-up folder and be sure this is the one in the drop down box when you first open Creo.

3) Cleanup the 5000kB file so it only has the latest settings you want to use. Use a text file editor like Notepad to edit the file. Do NOT edit the file from within Creo.

4) Open the config.pro and display the settings for In Session and then find your setting for the *.DMT file. As noted above, in some builds of Creo this file MUST be named Apperance.dmt.

I still believe your path is suspect.

See if you can trace the path to your file in a separate window.

Once you know where this file is physically located on your system, put that path in your config.

ps.  pro_colormap_file was used to look for color.map in pre WF

current wf and creo config global_appearance_file is used to look for the global.dmt and appearance.dmt files

ron

tleati
10-Marble

Hi Nathan,

I've always had your same problem, and now I took a look and found out how to solve it:

1) your config.pro must have the option pro_colormap_path with the directoy folder in which your desired custom .dmt file is present

2) the directoy path of that option MUST NOT have any space in any of the folders names (you may replace them with underscores _ ) :

e.g.  pro_colormap_path c:\example_1\example_2\example_3 --> is ok

pro_colormap_path c:\example_1\example 2\example_3 --> is not ok, the sofware won't take it as valid (even if it appears in the configuration editor, it won't read it)

3)the .dmt file MUST be called exactly appearance.dmt, so you have to rename it if it currently has another name

try these steps, in my case they worked out.

Hope they will work for you too,

Bye

Tommaso

Top Tags