cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

write dxf - How To?

jmartinez-3
1-Newbie

write dxf - How To?

I see the "WriteDXF allows PTC Mathcad users to create 3D models mathematically then save them as DXF files, perfectly suited for incorporation into CAD assemblies."  But, I cannot locate documentation for how to do this.  I'm new to the community, so I may just not be looking in the correct area, but I've searched for "writedxf" in multiple locations on the site.  Is anyone using this command/feature that could give me some tips?  Many thanks, Jessica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jmartinez-3)

Where did you see this? WriteDXF is not a built-in Mathcad function. The only thing I can find is here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/WriteDXF-create-3D-models-mathematically-in-PTC-Mathcad-Prime-3/td-p/450219 . There's no document attached to the post though, so it's a really useless post.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Where did you see this? WriteDXF is not a built-in Mathcad function. The only thing I can find is here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/WriteDXF-create-3D-models-mathematically-in-PTC-Mathcad-Prime-3/td-p/450219 . There's no document attached to the post though, so it's a really useless post.

Your link is exactly what I was referring to--I agree a useless post--hence my question and wondered if I was missing something obvious! 

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

At one point PTC posted a lot of documents written in Mathcad Prime. A couple of days later they removed all of them, but not the associated posts, leaving many such useless document stubs cluttering up the forums. I believe you can now buy the worksheets from PTC, although not one at a time so it's not cheap. I have no idea why they did this the way they did. Perhaps it's PTC's idea of "marketing", because it certainly can't be anyone's idea of "customer relations"!

BTW, PTC posted some worksheets on their Support site.  The one referred to above is located in CS189645.

Top Tags