cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

MDO - How to know the torque of a motion

avillena
12-Amethyst

MDO - How to know the torque of a motion

Hi,

I need to know the torque needed to move a mechanism, but I don't know to simulate this motion on MDO.

I have the machine assembled with mechanisms. It consists of a "sliding table" assembled as a slider, and the motor's gear as a pin. The "table" is an assembly wich contains the motor and a solid to simulate the mass of the parts wich should go on the table.

The motor's shaft has a gear on it's lower part, wich is the gear of the rack-pinion mechanism. To simulate this mechanism (and to relate the linear motion of the table with the rotation of the motor's shaft) I created a Rack-Pinion Gear connection between the slider and the pin.

What I want to do is to simulate a linear motion of the system, and measure the torque needed to generate this motion. But I don't know exactly how to do it.

* As my assembly has a mm-kg unit system, I've assembled it into an empty meter-Newton assembly, to create the MDO simulation and get the torque results on Nm.

What I do is I create a Servo Motor on the slider connection, to make the mechanism move. I created a linear Servo of 0.5 m/sec. I created some Measures: velocity, acceleration and position of the slider, and rotation and torque on the shaft of the motor.

I created a Dynamic analysis to make the system move, and measure all these things, and the torque result is 0.

I guess that the torque should be given by all the oposing forces to the movement (mass, friction...), but if I activate them, the results are the same. Besides, I don't know which friction values I should use on the slider and the pin connections, but changing these values doesn't seem to affect the results...

Could anyone help me with the configuration of this MDO analysis to calculate the torque on the shaft?

You can find the assembly attached. It's made on Creo 3.0. The main assembly to open is "conj_simulacio.asm", so you can see the full mechansim.

Thank you very much!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Hi Aitor

Apply the servo motor on the shaft where you like to analyse the torque:

Driver_here.jpg

... and you can measure the torque ... :

torque.jpg

BR - Urs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Hi Aitor

Apply the servo motor on the shaft where you like to analyse the torque:

Driver_here.jpg

... and you can measure the torque ... :

torque.jpg

BR - Urs

Hi,

The data shared by Simmler cannot be downloaded. Since, I am also struck at similar problem where I am required to calculate the torque for rotating the disk with specific velocity. Hence request you to please share the same again. Thanks a lot for help.

Top Tags