cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Save a copy does not copy associations

mfannin
1-Newbie

Save a copy does not copy associations

I am using Parametric 2.0 and everytime I try to save a copy of an assembly the parts still reference the original assembly.  Everything renames along with the drawings, but any part feature created in the original assembly is still driven by that assembly.  The copy associations check box is grayed out.  Does anyone have this issue or have a fix?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mfannin)

Hello Marty,

in Creo Parametric, if you save the assembly under a new name and use copies of the parts in the process, they should reference the new assembly.

Features that reference other assemblies (parts could be used in multiple assemblies) will preserve those references.

Parts that are not copied, and parts that are copied outside the context of the references assembly (i.e. not together with) will also keep their references.

If you feel that none of these cases applies, let PTC TS investigate with your model (or a simplified version you can reproduce the issue with)

Regards,

Gunter

Top Tags