cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using replace attribute

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Using replace attribute

I cannot figure out why I cannot find anything in an indexterm. I am trying to find the word cutter in an indexterm. For value I enter cutter. I then populate ontags with indextern, and do not find anything? Am I missing something.

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bryon--

It depends on your doctype, but for both Docbook and DITA, <indexterm> takes the index terms as element content, not as an attribute value. In the Docbook sample document, if you use the standard Find/Replace dialog, and set "Find What" to "Arbortext" and "Find Within" to "indexterm", it will find the various indexterm entries containing "Arbortext".

If you are using a custom doctype where index terms are specified as attribute values, maybe you could post a sample of your indexterm markup.

(Of course, in your post you typed "indextern" as your tag name, but I assume that was just a typo when creating the question, and you typed it correctly in the search dialog.)

--Clay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bryon--

It depends on your doctype, but for both Docbook and DITA, <indexterm> takes the index terms as element content, not as an attribute value. In the Docbook sample document, if you use the standard Find/Replace dialog, and set "Find What" to "Arbortext" and "Find Within" to "indexterm", it will find the various indexterm entries containing "Arbortext".

If you are using a custom doctype where index terms are specified as attribute values, maybe you could post a sample of your indexterm markup.

(Of course, in your post you typed "indextern" as your tag name, but I assume that was just a typo when creating the question, and you typed it correctly in the search dialog.)

--Clay

Thanks Clay I was using the replace attribute, not find/replace. You are correct it was a typo.

Thanks

Bryon

Top Tags