cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MATHCAD SIMULTANEOUS DIFFERENT EQUATION

prajendran
11-Garnet

MATHCAD SIMULTANEOUS DIFFERENT EQUATION

I'm trying to solve a simultaneous differential equation.

Do I need to use a solve block (which is only available in the full version) to solve simultaneous differential equation and it would work?

2 REPLIES 2
lturek
4-Participant
(To:prajendran)

DE or systems of DEs can only be solved numerically

You have to use a solve block or one of the standalone solvers (which I guess are also available in the full version only).

I added an arbitrary initial condition and I had to change the first equation as Prime choked on the one you provided. Not sure why but I guess that not both equations are allowed to include derivations of both functions. So I multiplied the first by 2 and subtracted the equations to get a new equivalent equation.

ODE.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:prajendran)

You don't necessarily need to use a solve block, if you're willing to do some math. But your problem description is not complete as Leopold also pointed out: initial conditions are missing.

It's very well possible that both solutions are equal. This first solution, with X0=0 and Y0=10, leads to:

Success!
Luc

Top Tags