cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Setting Container for Package in OIR

psethia
1-Newbie

Setting Container for Package in OIR

My requirement is to set a specific context for all packages created anywhere in Windchill. I have achieved the same using a Listener.

But my question is can I do it using an OIR?

P.S. Packages are not folder object OR does not have folder.id implied over it.

4 REPLIES 4

You are right, Prashant. I too tried once, you can't set folder for package as packages are not folder administered but domain administered. By default it cannot be created outside of the context.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Binesh, you can set a different context at the time of creation itself using a listener on PRE_STORE event(I have applied the same). But to the same I want to know if it can be done using OIR? If possible, I think using OIR would be more efficient then having a continuous listener running.

Instead of using listener to listen PRE_STORE  event, you could customize the FromProcessor of Package creation wizard to set the context of package.

Also you can customize the Package creation wizard to add new step to select context or dropdown/picker to select context for product.

Thanks

Shreyas

Shreyas, for your point 1. you are correct. I had the other solution by extending the CreatePackageFormProcessor. But of the two solutions(Listener and customizing FormProcessor) the listener was chosen saying changing in OOTB form processors is not a better approach, seeing future management of code and also listener is independent of any PTC future change.

For your point 2. I would not go as we would be changing OOTB solution again.

My only point now open is for using OIR.

Could you please share your thoughts on this?

Top Tags