cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Inserting a delta symbol in a table cell of a Creo 2.0 drawing

psimha
1-Newbie

Inserting a delta symbol in a table cell of a Creo 2.0 drawing

Hi,

Please let me know if we have any way of inserting a delta symbol (A triangle symbol) in a table cell of a Creo 2.0 drawing. One way that I have heard about is, by using EXTRAS in drawing notes.

The requirement is as per the article stated in the link below:

A Pro/ENGINEER tip for drawing text

Request you to get back on this at the earliest.

Best regards,

Simha

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psimha
1-Newbie
(To:psimha)

a. Please type D in Note Properties window of a cell of the table.

b. Select D by using left mouse button.

c. CLICK on “Text Style” tab.

d. Under Character, we have Font drop down.

e. Under the Font drop down, please select the font name cal_grek

f. This will give you the required triangle symbol.

This is the correct solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

In order to have a symbol, the font you are using must support that symbol. For example, isofont does not, but Ariel (TrueType) does. If the font you are using does support the symbol of interest, you can copy/paste that symbol from another application, like Excel, Word, etc.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Make a capital D. Move the D to a separate text line all by itself. Select the text and move you mouse over the D so it is the only thing highlighted. Select the D by clicking on it and then right click -> Text style. Change the font to cal_grek. This is a font that comes with the default Creo shipset. It will then change to a delta symbol. If you want a smaller delta, use a capital M.

Once you have made the change, you can edit the text and remove the carriage returns. Make sure to keep the {} around the text.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Chris3)

That's pretty cool. I didn't think I could change the font of a bit of text within a string of text. I've messed with sizes before, but didn't think to try the font.

psimha
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Hello Christopher,

Thank you.

psimha
1-Newbie

a. Please type D in Note Properties window of a cell of the table.

b. Select D by using left mouse button.

c. CLICK on “Text Style” tab.

d. Under Character, we have Font drop down.

e. Under the Font drop down, please select the font name cal_grek

f. This will give you the required triangle symbol.

This is the correct solution

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Great info, thanks!

Top Tags