cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

In Optimization Design, how to select one part's parameters in assembly situation?

yzhu-2
1-Newbie

In Optimization Design, how to select one part's parameters in assembly situation?

I am doing an assembly static analysis. In Optimization Design module, I want to take one part's parameters as variables, as show in Picture 1. But when select variables as shown in Picture 2, only  the parameters describing assembly are available as shown in Picture 3. How to reach my goal?

0.JPG

Picture 1

1.JPG

Picture 2

2.JPG

Picture 3

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:yzhu-2)

Have you tried to define an assembly parameter and use assembly relations to modify the part parameters / dimensions?

Then you should be able to optimize by the assembly parameter, but it will still change the part(s) as desired.

Gunter

yzhu-2
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Sorry so late to reply you. I did not quite understand your proposal. How to operate it ?

gkoch
1-Newbie

For example, if you want to drive the part parameter WIDTH in an assembly optimization:

1. Create an assembly parameter PART_WIDTH
  2. Create an assembly relation WIDTH:0 = PART_WIDTH  (if session ID of part is 0 - otherwise use the appropriate ID)
  3. Select PART_WIDTH for the optimization

Gunter

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello, have you been able to drive the part parameter by an assembly parameter and optimize for the assembly parameter instead?

Top Tags