cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Build a search condition which gives folders name from particular product

vuchekar
9-Granite

How to Build a search condition which gives folders name from particular product

Hi All,

I have a small piece of code, which returns me list of folders present in Windchill db.

here is my search condition,

SearchCondition sc= new SearchCondition(SubFolder.class,SubFolder.NAME,SearchCondition.EQUAL,FolderName,true);

Input of Program >>  FolderName.

if in Windchill FolderName "abcd" is created under two product, i.e. Product A and Product B.

then it gives me result of "abcd" folder from both products.

i want to add some criteria in search condition for particular product, so it gives me folder names of particular products.

select folder name "abcd" where product is "Product B".

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Following should be more efficient way. We are basically creating the following query through code

SELECT A0.*

FROM wt.folder.Folder A0

WHERE (UPPER(A0.name) = 'XXFolderNameXX') AND (A0.idA3containerReference = XXContainerIDXX)

joins=null

Code:

public static Folder findFolder(WTContainer container, String folderName) throws WTException {

Folder folder = null;

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec (Folder.class);

qs.setAdvancedQueryEnabled (true);

qs.appendWhere (new SearchCondition (SubFolder.class, SubFolder.NAME, SearchCondition.LIKE, folderName, false));

WTContainerRef[] refs = new WTContainerRef[1];

refs[0]= WTContainerRef.newWTContainerRef(container);

WhereExpression whereExp1 = WTContainerHelper.getWhereContainerIn (refs);

qs.appendAnd();

qs.appendWhere (whereExp1);

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find (qs);

while (qr.hasMoreElements()) {

SubFolder object = (SubFolder) qr.nextElement();

System.out.println("Name :  "+object.getName() + "   location: " +object.getFolderPath());

}

return folder;

}

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:vuchekar)

If you're getting this information from the Windchill DB, you can have your program essentially do this (assuming the folders both exist at the \Default folder level within their respective products):

1. Given the name of "Product B" ...
  2. Search the DB for product with name "Product B" and return the ida2a2 value
  3. For a folder that is in "Product B", the ida3b2folderinginfo value will equal the ida2a2 value you got from Step 2.
  4. Since you supply folder name "abcd" and now you also have the ida3b2folderinginfo value (and thus the product ida2a2), you now have the specific folder you are looking for between multiple products.

You can also extend this example in case you have two folders called "abcd" within the same product, but underneath different subfolders.  In this case, the ida3b2folderinginfo value will return the ida2a2 of the folder that "abcd" is in, which you could then get THAT folder's ida3b2folderinginfo etc, etc to get up to the context ida2a2 value.

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:bsindelar)

Hi Vivek,

If there aren't many folders a quick way would be to use FolderHelper.service.findSubFolders in a particular context and match with the given folder name.

public static Folder findOrCreateFolder(WTContainer container, String folderName) throws WTException {

Folder folder = null;

// first try to find the folder

Cabinet cabinet = container.getDefaultCabinet();

QueryResult qr = FolderHelper.service.findSubFolders(cabinet);

SubFolder subFolder = (SubFolder)qr.nextElement();

if (subFolder.getName().equals(folderName)) {

folder = subFolder;

}

}

// if the folder is null, there is no such folder , then create the folder if it does not exist

if (folder == null) {

String path = cabinet.getFolderPath() +"/" + folderName;

folder = FolderHelper.service.createSubFolder(path, cabinet.getContainerReference());

}

return folder;

}

Regards,

Bhushan

Yout can reuse the query which I have posted in

Re: SQL Query for document Context/Location

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Following should be more efficient way. We are basically creating the following query through code

SELECT A0.*

FROM wt.folder.Folder A0

WHERE (UPPER(A0.name) = 'XXFolderNameXX') AND (A0.idA3containerReference = XXContainerIDXX)

joins=null

Code:

public static Folder findFolder(WTContainer container, String folderName) throws WTException {

Folder folder = null;

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec (Folder.class);

qs.setAdvancedQueryEnabled (true);

qs.appendWhere (new SearchCondition (SubFolder.class, SubFolder.NAME, SearchCondition.LIKE, folderName, false));

WTContainerRef[] refs = new WTContainerRef[1];

refs[0]= WTContainerRef.newWTContainerRef(container);

WhereExpression whereExp1 = WTContainerHelper.getWhereContainerIn (refs);

qs.appendAnd();

qs.appendWhere (whereExp1);

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find (qs);

SubFolder object = (SubFolder) qr.nextElement();

System.out.println("Name :  "+object.getName() + "   location: " +object.getFolderPath());

}

return folder;

}

Thanks,  Bhushan, Binesh and Bob for your help ad support.

Regards,

Vivek

adev
1-Newbie
(To:vuchekar)

hi you can use this query to search the folder in a product context

select prd.NAMECONTAINERINFO as "Product Name", sf.NAME from PDMLINKPRODUCT prd, SUBFOLDER sf, CABINET cab

where prd.IDA3C2CONTAINERINFO = cab.IDA2A2 and sf.IDA3A2FOLDERINGINFO = cab.IDA2A2 and prd.NAMECONTAINERINFO = 'test_product';

Top Tags