cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I have to migrate from clearacase to MKS ( PTC ) with full revision history , could anyon eguide me about this ?

rcr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

I have to migrate from clearacase to MKS ( PTC ) with full revision history , could anyon eguide me about this ?

I have to migrate from clearcase to MKS ( PTC ) with full revision history , could anyone guide me about this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I
(To:rcr)

There are several members of the PTC Global Services team who have done migrations from ClearCase to Integrity so I would suggest reaching out to your PTC Salesperson to discuss options for that type of migration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Ramya,

I don't know how to do this from ClearCase in particular, but the general process I would try to perform would be to create build sandboxes from the ClearCase data, and use those to create Source Integrity sandboxes to check in all non-ClearCase specific artifacts (in other words, your source control, but not any files ClearCase creates for metadata).

This gets trickier if you need to capture check points as well.

Generally, for these sorts of scenarios Global Services is called in to provide the expertise to perform these sorts of migrations.  I would recommend discussing this with your Account Manager.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I

There are several members of the PTC Global Services team who have done migrations from ClearCase to Integrity so I would suggest reaching out to your PTC Salesperson to discuss options for that type of migration.

rcr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hello ,

Is there any tool or script available to import data from any version control to MKS ( Integrity).

Thanks,

Ramya

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Ramya,

In general, this goes back to Joe's answer:  the PTC Global Services team has tools for migrating data from many systems to PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager (formerly MKS Integrity).

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags