cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Query in regards to a BOM in a Creo drawing

psimha
1-Newbie

Query in regards to a BOM in a Creo drawing

Hello,

I have a Creo 2.0 drawing in which a BOM is defined for an assembly. The BOM has components stated from Sl# 01 to Sl# 20. We need to change the serial numbering now from Sl# 600 to SL# 620 for the same drawing.

Is there any way of acheiving this. Request you to revert.

Best regards,

Simha

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psimha
1-Newbie
(To:psimha)

Please note that, the BOM generated is an auto generated BOM and is not a manually entered BOM.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
psimha
1-Newbie

Please note that, the BOM generated is an auto generated BOM and is not a manually entered BOM.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You probably need to create a custom repeat region where you convert the find number by adding 600 (if numeric) or prefixing a 6 (if string).

You can always make a simple table that does not auto-populate.  I still find this easier in most cases.

Hello Antonius,

Thanks for your reply. If you can quicky attach the steps that are to be followed, it would be of a great help.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I was able to simply prefix the variable with the number 6...  Highlight the first cell, right click, and select properties.

The dialog in the image should show up.  Add the 6  before the &rpt.index.

report_index_w-prefix.PNG

I suspect this will be problematic when it reaches 2 digits.  Beyond this tip, I am not familiar enough to guide you through more advanced means of using repeat regions.

Hi Antonius,

Thanks a ton.

Best regards,

Simha

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If that answered your question, don't forget to mark it as correct for those that read the thread in the future. (Actually - Antonius' answer - but thanks.)

Thanks, Dale

I don't know that it is the "correct" answer, Dale.  It is an option.

I suspect it falls flat when you have more than 9 components.

My test assembly only had 7.

You probably have to manipulate the rpt.index number in a new column to add a value to the index number.

That - I don't know how to do.  Hopefully someone does.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I was going by the fact that he had said thanks to you specifically. Thanks for the clarification.

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Here's how I would do it:  I would create a BOM relation (repeat region relation) that adds 600 to the original index value, and then display the new value in the BOM:

Snap05.png

The report parameters in this table are:

&rpt.index

&rpt.rel.NEWNUM

&asm.mbr.name

&rpt.qty

You can delete the first column after you get this going.

HTH

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:JLG)

There you go!    I knew it could be done, just didn't know how exactly.  Thanks JLG!

Top Tags