cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there example trigger-script for processing Test Results?

smccoy
1-Newbie

Is there example trigger-script for processing Test Results?

I have the trigger and script in place and working, I don't how to get the bean, however. The normal delta-bean doesn't seem to work for Test Results.

This is to write a script that looks at the Verdict and verifies that some various other fields are properly filled out.

The 2 folks that I normally go to for questions like this are both on vacation.

Kind regards,

-Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:smccoy)

Hello Sean,

As discussed in the case you opened, CS89548:  Name of the Test Results Bean is non-standard and non-Documented in Integrity/RFC 162174 should cover the information you are looking for.

For anyone else is also encountering this issue, please contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Technical Support to have your organization posted against defect RFC 162174.

I will post updates in reply to this thread as necessary.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
smccoy
1-Newbie

Some more information...

The trigger fires based on "A test result has changed", which is an "Other" type of trigger, a.k.a. not a "Rule" or "Schedule" based trigger.

in the trigger, I can get the TestResultsArgsBean by using a bsf.lookupBean("imTestResultsArgs");  call.

From the TestResultsArgsBean, I can find some information about the transaction. However, I'm not able to figure out how to get the "TestResultsDeltaBean" that tells me the item that is changed so I can check the old and new values.

An working example script would be most helpful. I can't help but think that someone has already done this somewhere.

Kind regards,

-Sean

smccoy
1-Newbie

And, some more information...

Here is the logic that I'm being asked to code into our solution for Test Results.

1) If the Test Case Verdict is "Passed", ensure that all Test Steps have also passed. If not, display an error message.

2) If the Test Case Verdict is "Passed with Errors", ensure that the are Test Steps that are Blocked, Skipped, or Failed and include the proper extra fields.

3) If the Test Case Verdict is "Failed", ensure that there is a linked Defect item.

4) If the Test Case Verdict is "Skipped", ensure that the Annotation field has been filled out.

5) If the Test Case Verdict is "Blocked", ensure that the Annotation field has been filled out.

Similar rules are desireable for Test Step Verdicts as well.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Sean,

As discussed in the case you opened, CS89548:  Name of the Test Results Bean is non-standard and non-Documented in Integrity/RFC 162174 should cover the information you are looking for.

For anyone else is also encountering this issue, please contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Technical Support to have your organization posted against defect RFC 162174.

I will post updates in reply to this thread as necessary.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags