cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Using "Evaluate" dimension in a family table

BertilRogmark
6-Contributor

Using "Evaluate" dimension in a family table

I am modeling an old sailing ship.

In the main assembly I have created an evaluate feature named STAYVALUES containing the length of a number of stays that are included in the rigging of the ship e.g. length01, length02 etc.

The stay sub-assemblies are similar but for the length between the various fixing points of the stays.

At first I tried to define a relation in each subassembly:

e.g. Dxx:yy=length01:FID_STAYVALUES:1 but it would not work.

I then redefined the relation by adding a parameter:

staylength01=length01:FID_STAYVALUES:1

Dxx:yy=staylength01

and now it worked!

Why, I don't understand.

To simplify my work ( there are a lot of stays involved) I would like to use a family table to give each stay it's proper length, picked from the evaluate feature STAYVALUES.

But how?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BertilRogmark
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

Thanks for your interest.

I believe I have solved the problem. 

I introduced  an indexparameter in the stay.prt (which is the one with the length that was to be varied).

I introduced a relation in the stay.prt for each stay saying

if index=1, staylength=length01:FID_stayvalues:1

if index=2, staylength=length02:FID_stayvalues:1

and so on..

So far I have not had any problems with regenerations mixing he desired values.

kind regards

Bertil

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Bertil,

You can add the parameter staylength01 into the family table. Upon verification of the instances, relation driven parameters should update in the family table.

If the family table is on a different level than the parameter (top asm vs. sub asm.) you will probably need another relation in the assembly, where the family table is, to assign the value to a parameter (in this model) and put it into the family table instead.

Regards,

Gunter

BertilRogmark
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

Thanks for your interest.

I believe I have solved the problem. 

I introduced  an indexparameter in the stay.prt (which is the one with the length that was to be varied).

I introduced a relation in the stay.prt for each stay saying

if index=1, staylength=length01:FID_stayvalues:1

if index=2, staylength=length02:FID_stayvalues:1

and so on..

So far I have not had any problems with regenerations mixing he desired values.

kind regards

Bertil

Bertil,

You may mark your reply as correct answer.

Top Tags