cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WTPart attachments

janis_king
9-Granite

WTPart attachments

Does anyone know the history with the WTPart Attachment table? It's available to add, but when trying to edit, it says no authorization. Is this residual functionality that PTC has moved away from? We see a value in utilizing the attachments on WTparts for data we don't want as separate objects in the database (we don't want to control it) that is supporting information (like a quote).

Any infromation or help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks,

Janis King

8 REPLIES 8

I'm not familiar with the WTPart Attachment table myself, but if you're getting an authorization error, then that sounds like an issue with access controls. Are any errors written to the Method Server log when you try to edit? The MS log error might give a better idea of the problem.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:janis_king)

As Chris Spartz‌ has stated it's probably a permissions issue.  Check the current State of the WTPart and the permissions at said State to modifyContent (if not look at modify) with respect to the Role on the Context Team (of the User that is attempting to make the changes)

Janis,

Have you had a chance to follow Keir's instructions to check the permissions? Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue, or if you need any further assistance.

I understand the permissions aspect of it, however I was being directed that it is "obsolete" functionality which is why the permissions are set as they are. I was looking more for the history or background infromation on the attachement table for WTPart and if this was accurate.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Hi Janis,

I looked on my 9.1 and 10.2 systems, and I don't see an Attachments table available for my WTPart objects. Where are you seeing this table? Could you provide a screenshot?

Lori Sood wrote:

Hi Janis,

I looked on my 9.1 and 10.2 systems, and I don't see an Attachments table available for my WTPart objects. Where are you seeing this table? Could you provide a screenshot?

Sorry for all the mark-outs. You all understand   We are on 10.1, if you customize a tab, when in a WTPart, select Change, attachements it will appear. We see this on our customized tab as well that pulls in all signatures and attachments into a single location.

Attachments on Parts.jpg

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Hi Janis,

That's not a table I can add on my 10.1 system either. Would it be possible to get the jcaDebug information for the page that includes this table? You can add &jcaDebug=1 to the end of the URL to do this. If you mouse over the ladybug next to the Attachments table it will output the JCA info for the table. Can you send a screenshot of that?

Example:

http://MYSERVER/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?ContainerOid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A120397&oid=VR%3Awt.part.WTPart%3A1234565&u8=1&jcaDebug=1

9-8-2015 5-41-33 PM.png

Hi Janis,

The edit wizard can use a java applet, can you tell us which Java JRE version do you have installed in your system? Remember that by default in 1.8 applets are not allowed.

Top Tags