cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Output many graphs at once

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Output many graphs at once

Hi,

Is there anyway of outputting all variables from a sensitivity study?

Only the active results window can be sent to .grt or .xls.

If one has 20 variables and 20 sensitivity studies it can be a bit tiresome.

Does anyone have a nice way of unpicking the .g0x files in the results directory?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:346gnu)

The best suggestion I can offer, is to use a mapkey to Save the active result window as Graph Tabular file.

You can also record part of the name, such as "sensiAB_"

From there you need to complete the name (you surely don't want to overwrite the files with each other) and then select the next window.

The best bet to create the windows is probably by Copying window, and selecting a new measure each time.

Do you really have 20 sensitivity studies with 20 variables EACH?

Then you will want to save the graph windows as Simulate Results Template to create the 20 windows once and reuse the template 19 times.

Alternate suggestion:

Maybe it is possible to record a session with 20 graph windows and outputting them to 20 different files, then copy and edit the trail file, replacing the name of the analysis in the trail file and running it for the next analysis and so on. But:

• Try to record your session without much errors and/or undos and don't do anything besides this on your computer
  • Test this first with 2-3 windows, to make sure it works - todays trail files are not as stable (or at least not as easy to repair!) as those in the old days.
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:gkoch)

Thanks Gunter,

Yes there is a lot of information.

A better way would be to learn how to program again and use the API (I stopped at pascal and fortran77 sometime last century).

I presume 'toolkit' would be the route for this but there is never enough time and things move so quickly.

I have understood the *.g0x files (it helps to understand the structure if its parsed correctly) so a likely route is excel macros.

I think the final method is going to be a bit of everything.

It's all fun.

346gnu
12-Amethyst

... I thought I still had it.

The problem is, it won't fit in the USB 3.0 socket.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Maybe you can employ a Card Reader to read some passages ...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags