cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

total bill of materials

MichalLukac
4-Participant

total bill of materials

Hello.

If I use Bill of materials report in assembly, it creates BOM for every subassembly.

Some subassemblies contain the same parts. I need to create total BOM report and not for every subasm. (total of every part from all subasms)

Is it possible?

Thank for reply

michal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal,

if you use Bill of Materials command in Assembly mode -AND- your config.pro does not contain bom_format option, then:

• Creo displays the report in browser window and also creates file in working directory (in my case it is asm0001.bom.1)
  • bom file contains structural report for every assembly/subassembly and also summary report (at the end of the file)
  • summary report is probably information you are looking for

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:MichalLukac)

Assuming you are talking about Creo Parametric.  Creo View Bill of Material has the capability you are looking for and probably more.  The specific function you want is "All Flat".  The nice thing about Creo View BOM is the ability to add any attribute as a column that can be exported to a CSV file.

Capture.JPG

rburgess-2
14-Alexandrite
(To:BillRyan)

Bill,

I am not familiar with "BOM" tab. Is it part of Creo Parametric? (I'm running 2.0) Or is it an additional module?

Thanx
Rick

Rick,

Bill Ryan is talking about Creo View application.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Michal,

if you use Bill of Materials command in Assembly mode -AND- your config.pro does not contain bom_format option, then:

• Creo displays the report in browser window and also creates file in working directory (in my case it is asm0001.bom.1)
  • bom file contains structural report for every assembly/subassembly and also summary report (at the end of the file)
  • summary report is probably information you are looking for

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

hello,

yes this is exactly what i'm looking for.

I didn't notice it is at the end of the report.

thanks

Michal,

if you want to be more perfect, you can format Bill of Material output.

Use attached file and add bom_format option at the end of your config.pro file.

On my PC I use ... bom_format D:\tmp\creo\mybom2.fmt

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

ok, thank you..

Top Tags