cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to do "carve-out modeling" or "sub-modeling" with beams?

monishchenko
5-Regular Member

How to do "carve-out modeling" or "sub-modeling" with beams?

Hi everyone.

We to solve a problem with large frame-type models. The idea is to claculate a whole frame using idealized beams first, obtain resultant forces in certain parts and apply equivalent forces on solid models afterwards. How to do it?

I started from testing the functionality of Creo Simulate 2.
Firstly, I created a test frame, where beams were created using sketched curves and datum curves.

Creo Simulate model:

2.JPG

Results window - stress Von Mises:

3.JPG

I am interested in obtaining forces in the central C - frame, which is most loaded. When I go for Beam Resultant - Force - Y and choose the frame, I obtain some results, which I am not able to interpret.

4.jpg

While applied vertical force along Z direction is 7500 N, fringe image shows two opposite resultant forces.

5.JPG

The resultant forces along X axis look bizzare as well:

6.JPG

What does that all mean? I just want to find out where can I obtain correct resultant forces and on what areas should I apply them?
Thanks a lot in advance, the
Mikhail

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
monishchenko
5-Regular Member
(To:monishchenko)

Hi,

You may also wish to consider forces in the beam csys rather than WCS.

The pull down under 'relative to' defaults to WCS.

Also consider GRAPH - SHEAR AND MOMENT

as opposed to 'fringe'

You can a single beam to graph.

Regards

Top Tags