cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ebooks, Where are they?

astevenson-2
1-Newbie

ebooks, Where are they?

I'm under the impression, perhaps false, that there are many published ebooks on the PTC website. Can't find them. Where are they?

10 REPLIES 10

Andy Stevenson wrote:

...  there are many published ebooks on the PTC website...

And here precisely?

Thanks Vladimir. Do you have a URL?

Ebooks on what topics?  I've never heard of such PTC things.  Jim Hepplemann wrote a PLM inspired book that's all I can think of regarding 'books' from PTC.

mtasdemir
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

1-Extract with 7zip

2-Copy Handbook folder to your mathcad program directory

Untitled.png

What the use are they to us! they don't work on 64-bit machines.

I have been searching for engineering Ebooks

If anyone knows where we can get them please let me know pgrdohertyb@outlook.com  ! thanks Patrice

i has  the same  problem

This tip will not help - "Copy Handbook folder to your mathcad program directory" ?

You give up too easily...The "they don't work on 64-bit machines. " only applies to the automatic installation. The installation package generally contains a subdirectory called Handbook, next to a a number of files that guide the automatic installation. (see the post of mtasdemir above: Re: ebooks, Where are they?).

What the automatic installation does is nothing else than to copy the contents of the Handbook subdirectory to a predefined place, which could be a subdirectory of your mathcad installation directory.

You can do that yourself.

Create, if it doesn't exist already, a subdirectory Handbooks in your Mathcad (15 or below) installation directory. Then copy the contents of the Handbook directory from the ebook installation package into that Handbooks subdirectory in Mathcad's installation directory. (in the case of Electrical Engineering Solved Problems handbook, that results in two entries going into the Handbooks subdirectory: an 'eeprobs.hbk' file and an 'eeprobs' directory (containing lots of files, mostly .mcd).

Now you should be able to open the handbook from within mathcad via the Help ->Ebooks menu. Browse to the .hbk file and the ebook should open.

If you're lucky it saves the path somewhere in the register such that it becomes added to the list of known ebooks.

Success!
Luc

Andy Stevenson написал(а):

I'm under the impression, perhaps false, that there are many published ebooks on the PTC website. Can't find them. Where are they?

I think no answer for your question on your question  is no answer on your question  is no answer on on your question  is no answer..

Sorry

Top Tags