cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What function the Solidworks parallel constraint symbol mean in MathCAD?

astevenson-2
1-Newbie

What function the Solidworks parallel constraint symbol mean in MathCAD?

In investigating an unrelated problem, I found a very useful xmcd file on this discussion board. But there is a symbol I don't recognize. Can someone tell me what the circled operators in the image below do?

Capture.JPG

Also a nice feature would be to hover over an operator and for a popup to appear saying what the operator is and link to the help file for that operator.

5 REPLIES 5

Andy Stevenson wrote:

In investigating an unrelated problem, I found a very useful xmcd file on this discussion board. But there is a symbol I don't recognize. Can someone tell me what the circled operators in the image below do?

Capture.JPG

Also a nice feature would be to hover over an operator and for a popup to appear saying what the operator is and link to the help file for that operator.

Is it defined in the worksheet?  Can you post a link to the worksheet, please?

Stuart

Sorry for my atrocious English in the original post. I'm from Texas; what do you expect. Regardless, the file with the mystery parallel symbol was retrieved from this thread:

Re: Plotting/calculating transfer functions

Well, you can find this symbol in the "Custom Characters" toolbar (in main menu select "View" --> "Toolbars" --> "Custom Characters"):

Pic_1.png

Thanks Vladimir. I found the help file using Custom Characters help file and see what the parallel symbol accomplishes. Interesting there are no hits from help when searching for "parallel". Pretty esoteric.

lturek
4-Participant
(To:astevenson-2)

Not esoteric at all. Its just a custom character, a symbol, not a predefined function. On its own it accomplishes nothing at all.

In the sheet you referenced there are a couple of closed regions. Right at the beginning if you open the first region you will find a function defined for the calculation of the parallel connection of resistors. This function was given the "name" // using that custom character.

Later in the sheet this very function is used using the infix notation

LT

Top Tags