cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Create developable surfaces from curves?

jwong-3
1-Newbie

Create developable surfaces from curves?

When I search the site, I find out how to develop a developable surface but have some difficulty figuring out how to actually make a developeable surface.

Having come from NX (My school switched to Creo), I've become quite comfortable with the developable surfaces capabilities such as adding generalized cones or cylinders to the ends of developable surfaces. It can also easily make ruled surfaces. All this can be done a relatively few clicks away.

In Creo, I'm stuck. I create two conical curves on parallel planes some distance apart and want to make a developable surface connecting them. How do I do this? Can I add a generalized cone or cylinders to the end of such a surface when necessary?

1 REPLY 1

NX also warns me when it is not possible to create a developable surface which prompts me to make revisions to the curvature as necessary.

It seems that in Creo, I first have to make a surface then try to develop it and only then, know if such a surface is developable or not.

Top Tags