cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 2.0 Why does MBD dimensions sometimes fail to show when not selected in the detail tree?

rbast
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Why does MBD dimensions sometimes fail to show when not selected in the detail tree?

In this case I added a round to a sheet metal wall using the round feature
(Model tab>Engineering>round). Moving over to the annotation tab I then
selected the round in the model tree and used ‘Show annotations’.  The dimension shows and I accept it.  The dimension is now in the detail tree and
is selected (highlighted).  When I click
away the dimension stays in the tree but disappears in the model space.  I can select the dimension in the tree and it
will show.  Deselect it and it hides in
model space again.  What is the cause of
this issue and how do I prevent it from happening again?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rbast
1-Newbie
(To:rbast)

It was in error because of sections.  Applying new datum's and placing the dimensions on the new datums works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Is the annotation being automatically added to a layer that is hidden?

There is always more to learn in Creo.
rbast
1-Newbie

It was in error because of sections.  Applying new datum's and placing the dimensions on the new datums works.

Top Tags