cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CMM Module for Creo

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

CMM Module for Creo

I originally posted this in the manufacturing subgroup, which is almost like talking to myself. Perhaps someone here will have some idea...

We have access to a programmable CMM machine that can be driven by PC-DMIS software. I'd like to be able to pre-program the inspection program for a part using Creo, so I won't have to tie up the inspection machine defining the picks, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with performing this function with Creo? I seem to recall something like Pro/CMM or the like being promised, never saw anything concrete or testable that we could experiment with. How do you folks approach the inspection of complex contoured parts that have surface profile tolerances and the like?

5 REPLIES 5

The reverse engineering module for Creo Parameteric may be able to do this for you.
Don Anderson

From what I see, the reverse engineering module is used to process point cloud and other scanner data to make models.

What 'm looking for is some feedback on the the current state of Creo "Computer-Aided Verification", or whatever it might be called now. I need to program the CMM to inspect several parts, to verify they meet profile and dimensional tolerances, etc.

Ken, did you every get an answer or any other information on this? Did you ever come across training in the PTC University or any training materials for the Verification module? I work in inspection and our design folks use Creo so I would like to keep the whole process under the one umbrella and not have to use 3rd party software for programming the CMM machine i.e. try and avoid all the pitfalls that come with disassociating the Creo model from the process.

Thanks in advance. 

I never got any more info about this. Also, we moved and lost access to the programmable CMM that I was talking about, so the question became moot. I don't think any sort of verification module was ever released for Creo, it probably doesn't promise enough of a market for them.

Thanks for the reply Ken. The CMM sure is an elusive module in Creo. I have found one video online showing what I want to do, for your information and interest check it out here >  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3n6PxbQgMA < now I would like an E-Learning course so I can learn the software.

Top Tags