cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad 15 040 Help Error?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Mathcad 15 040 Help Error?

I'm having a problem with Help in M15 040.  After my first install, M15 wouldn't find the Help files, so I uninstalled it and installed it again.  Now all I get is about half a dozen of the following error dialogs but still no Help.   Has anybody else had this problem?  Win 10 installation, replacing a previously successful Win 7 M15 030 installation.

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Stuart,

Try to repair it Mathcad 15: "Control Panel" --> "Add/Remove" --> right click on Mathcad15 icon and select "Repair". You install the program in the default directory?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

Спасибо, Владимир.  Unfortunately, I'm using Win 10 and there doesn't appear to be a Repair option.  It looks like I'll have to remove it and try again ...

Stuart

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

Unfortunately, a re-installation didn't work either; the problem is still there. 

Stuart

[Homer Mode]Stupidly, I forgot to back up the licence.dat file, and the trial licence server doesn't take account of the fact that the existing trial licence is still in date, so I can't get a licence for it.  I've linked it to my Prime 3.1 trial, which only leaves me 4 days to note any other M040 problems (after which I'll have to revert back to M14).[/Homer Mode]

[Rant Mode]Why can't PTC have an personal licence price that's in line with Mathematica (£228), Maple (£216) and Matlab (£252 for Matlab + 5 Toolboxes)?  [/Rant Mode]

I was so tempted by these that I bought Mathematica ... It has most of the features that I've been requesting for a decade for Mathcad to have, but it's still largely a 1D programming system and I turn to Mathcad as my first port of call (besides, I like the challenge of trying to work round the problem in Mathcad).   If Mathcad had more of the mpl (the Haskell-like Mathcad Programming Language used in M14..M15),functionality at worksheet level it would be so much more flexible and capable.  In fact, it would be pretty neat to have a text-based component that allowed one to write in mpl ... ah well, ...

Top Tags